Inner Me

My photo
I am me; complex yet simplistic; diverse yet ordinary ~ I am a treasure that only those who gain entry can truly understand.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cupid's Hunt 2010: Heart's Aflame - Ladies


I felt like a kid unleashed in a candy store back in 2009 around Valentine's Day. A musical movement was unfolding around me, clueless I jumped in and absorbed as much as I could. The extravaganza would later be revealed to me as 'Cupid's Hunt' -- a consortium of musicloving podcasters who joined forces to show even more love to good music in the name of Valentine's Day. I decided then and there that I had to be down for 2010 -- and down, I am.

In the time since I'd stumbled upon this event, the wonderful organizer (TGrundy) and I have become so cool that we refer to one another with the endearing label of 'Co-Chef' because we collaborated on a project of the musical sort not so long ago. I thought I was a lover of good music -- TG takes the love of music to a totally different level. The honor of knowing him is totally mine!

Volume I of the 2010 Cupid's Hunt, which I've entitled, Heart's Aflame: Ladies is now available for download. Eleven specially selected songs that come from female singers whose voices I truly love comprise this edition. It opens with United Together by Aretha Franklin -- a song that I intend to be the first that I dance to with my future, yet unnamed/unidentified husband (lol).

4am and there's still so much more for me to do -- the all male volume will be posted this evening. Stay tuned and be sure to spread the word because I can guarantee you that the goodies the other Cupid's Hunt Collaborators will be posting will blow you away!

No comments:

SoulMusiqLuva's Podcast

Hi everyone, I thank you for stopping by to check out my blogspace. I'm excited about the notion of being able to share my thoughts and my love of music with others. From time to time, when I'm feeling inspired I will post episodes to my podcast series -- check out my podcast & enjoy: soulmusiqluvas podcast